• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Creative Force

Creative Force

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:MAPublisher, Adobe Illustrator, Macintosh, GeoPDF
  • United States

My name is Dwight Cox. I am currently in Tennessee, but moving back to the Tampa Bay area in a couple of months. Be warned, I am a Mac fanatic! I have been a cartographer for over 12 years now and have a great deal of experience with Adobe Illustrator and GIS systems on the Macintosh platform (believe it or not). I previously worked for a developer of GIS software and had the opportunity to spend some fun times working with R&D on those projects.

Currently I have shifted to using MAPublisher, almost exclusively, now that it's improved to the point where I rarely need anything else. It has definitely increased my workflow and it's good to see it continue to evolve into something I never would have imagined from an Illustrator plug-in. My current interests are in developing new projects in the GeoPDF format, something I am hoping to see expand into the Mac platform as well.

The company I work for, and my home for the past 9 years is Creative Force, Inc. and I'm proud to have been given an opportunity to grow and develop as a Cartographer in such a supportive environment. I enjoy my career even when the projects start to seem dull, but I continue to learn and always look for new ways to do old things. Thinking outside the box is my favorite pastime. I'm happy I found this forum to explore an even broader area of mapping experiences.

Dwight Cox

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hello Dwight, and welcome to Cartotalk.

Don't worry about being a Mac fanatic, something tells me you're not the only one here ;)
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Welcome Dwight!

Glad to have you on board.

I must say I am a bit envious of your employment. Jolan and the folks at CreativeForce are tops in my book.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->