• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Happy New Year, (well almost);

Let me get to the point. I'm curious on how to accept payment from the client/customer using a credit card system? Is there a procedure setting up an account with the creditors in order for this to happen?

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Charles Syrett

Charles Syrett

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Canada

I use Internetsecure -- have done for 8 years now. http://www.internetsecure.com/

There's an up-front cost, but the service is very good.

Charles Syrett
Map Graphics
http://www.mapgraphics.com

Happy New Year, (well almost);

Let me get to the point. I'm curious on how to accept payment from the client/customer using a credit card system? Is there a procedure setting up an account with the creditors in order for this to happen?

Kevin McManigal

Kevin McManigal

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Climbing, kayaking, backpacking, biking, traveling, sking, mountaineering, guitar playing, laughing, and of course, map makking! (and all the other "ing's")
  • United States

If you have a g-mail account with google, or are willing to sign up for one, then a merchant account with google checkout is free. The service is free until Jan. 31st, 2008, but after that it cost 2% of the invoice. They have API checkout buttons that you can intergrate into a website, or you can simply send an invoice email and process the payment right into your bank account. This has worked very well for me. Hope it helps.
Kevin
Kevin McManigal
Orange Peel Cartographic
MapPractical

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

If you have a g-mail account with google, or are willing to sign up for one, then a merchant account with google checkout is free. The service is free until Jan. 31st, 2008, but after that it cost 2% of the invoice. They have API checkout buttons that you can intergrate into a website, or you can simply send an invoice email and process the payment right into your bank account. This has worked very well for me. Hope it helps.
Kevin

That's good news I made an account some time ago to test out web site creation, of course I found the freebie not exactly upto standards. I have started today looking for a good host site for my webpages, currently I have FrontPage '97, ( :( an ancient webpage designer), & Dreamweaver in trial.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Adam Wilbert

Adam Wilbert

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • United States

paypal offers a similar solution, which is what I use (though after hearing about Google's merchant accounts, I'm heading over there now to check it out!)

click here to see it in action (I won't be hurt if you don't complete the transaction :) )

Adam Wilbert
CartoGaia.com & AdamWilbert.com
Lynda.com author of "Up and Running with ArcGIS"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->