• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Richard

Richard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Surveying, Bushwalking<br />As a kid mapping has always interested me.<br />Main mapping is for a local rivercare group - Mount Roland Rivercare Catchment Inc.<br />Use Manifold, AICS with MAPublisher and CanvasX GIS and field book and pencil.
  • Australia

I see the new forum is taking many posts, but I can log in but there's no place to post. If I log in it shows my name and then if I click on one of the new 'AREA' links it takes me there but I'm not logged in.
Logging in at that level then takes me back to the HOME page.
There being no links to report or send an email I put it here as maybe there's others having similar problems or someone may kindly add it to the list of "to do's" on the Forum.
There is a request to report problems, but when you can't log in then that cant be done either.
Not sure if being from Australia makes a difference - something doesn't link up ie.
regards, Richard

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I see the new forum is taking many posts, but I can log in but there's no place to post. If I log in it shows my name and then if I click on one of the new 'AREA' links it takes me there but I'm not logged in.
Logging in at that level then takes me back to the HOME page.
There being no links to report or send an email I put it here as maybe there's others having similar problems or someone may kindly add it to the list of "to do's" on the Forum.
There is a request to report problems, but when you can't log in then that cant be done either.
Not sure if being from Australia makes a difference - something doesn't link up ie.
regards, Richard

Maybe it's a cookie thing? I just tried it and I have no problem logging in.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Richard

Richard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Surveying, Bushwalking<br />As a kid mapping has always interested me.<br />Main mapping is for a local rivercare group - Mount Roland Rivercare Catchment Inc.<br />Use Manifold, AICS with MAPublisher and CanvasX GIS and field book and pencil.
  • Australia

Thanks Hans, Yes I did suspect that, and I did get an email back from Manifold.net and they suggested this.
But I can't work it out as I haven't changed any settings and tried on Firefox and IE7 on my laptop, also on another computer IE5? and same result. Before the change at Christmas time I could access it OK. I'll persevere in the Cookie dept.
regards, Richard

Holograph

Holograph

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • United States

This is a long shot -- perhaps being from Australia does have something to do with it. There's a lot of wiki and forum spamming that originates from China and Korea, and unfortunately, there's some overlap between those IP addresses and Australian IP addresses. Some sites block IP address ranges in an attempt to reduce the spam from Asia, and if they are overly aggressive in their blocked address ranges, some Australian addresses might get blocked, too.

Richard

Richard

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Australia

I have now got this running thanks. I had thought (tongue in cheek) that my location was something to do with it. I found the CA Security Suite Firewall was the culprit. It was blocking Persistent Cookies. I had looked in the Firefox settings but not there.
regards, Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->