• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

The original cartoon was not about mapmaking, I just made a few changes in the wording Attached File  map_cartoon.jpg   184.18KB   303 downloads
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Hehe I remember the feeling, that describes the process of map making to a tee.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

nonie3234

nonie3234

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United States

Remember?
I'm going through "Depression" right now...wondering if I can afford to quit and work at Starbucks.
[sigh]

A. Fenix

A. Fenix

Analisa Fenix

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, PGIS, PPGIS, GIS, Urban/regional Planning, Conservation, Biodiversity/Cultural Diversity, Travel, History, Ecology, Geography, Biking, Gardening, Cooking, Physics, Permaculture, Sky diving, Green Roofs, Music (creating and enjoying), Photography, Carpentry, Film making, Writing...
  • No Country Selected

Remember?
I'm going through "Depression" right now...wondering if I can afford to quit and work at Starbucks.
[sigh]

i'm with you nonie! although i think that i'm currently in the bargaining stage... on the positive side, at least you are only ONE stage away from acceptance....hang in there!

Thanks for sharing this jean-louis! :lol:

analisa
Analisa Fenix
GIS Manager/Chief Cartographer
Ecotrust

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

on the positive side, at least you are only ONE stage away from acceptance....hang in there!

After a good 25 years of doing this and being presently in the Maybe-I-should-look-into-being-a- greeter-at-Wal-Mart phase, I may be one stage from acceptance but that much closer to the hamster wheel starting over again.
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->