RODEO

RODEO

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

Hello fellow cartogeeks :D

Got a HUGE question I'm gonna need help on, but thought I'd start with an introduction....

the wife and I have been in GIS and Remote Sensing since 1998, worked in the defense department, the university, and now in emergency management....

The emergency management job will take us all over the US, which is good cause we like to travel....... thus, the title of my thread - last month we we're in central TX, this month we're in central OK....

we're all sort of techie - but fell behind in the GIS work about the same time that ARCGIS went GUI from the old days of command line. Fortunately, we also were proficient in ARCVIEW, so the transition to ARCGIS for us has been pretty good!

Anyways, hoping if I say howdy, thought you'd say howdy back - and we can get to know each other a lil bit!

Happy Holidays!!!

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Welcome!

So you are the travelling mapsman... ?

:)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Welcome to the forum RODEO.

Always glad to have nomadic and semi-nodic folks around to give reports from the road.

Oregon Metro - Portland, OR
www.oregonmetro.gov

RODEO

RODEO

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

thanks fellas! We're full time RVers, had been before taking on the emergency management work - that kinda work just fit in to what we like to do - roam the countryside :D

OKC is pretty nice weather here, but gonna snow tomorrow and into the holiday, a white xmas :D

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Hi Rodeo. Welcome to you both. Do you keep a blog too?

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

Welcome Rodeo. It's kinda quiet around here due to the holidays (my office is empty too) so it might take us a little longer than usual to say hi. Love to hear about some of your travels and how you are able to work in the employment in the process.
Rick Dey

RODEO

RODEO

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

Hi Rodeo. Welcome to you both. Do you keep a blog too?

nope, but I do plan on soon opening a website to post pics of our many trips, will share when that happens!

Welcome Rodeo. It's kinda quiet around here due to the holidays (my office is empty too) so it might take us a little longer than usual to say hi. Love to hear about some of your travels and how you are able to work in the employment in the process.

Too many travel stories to tell :D

this last year, we didn't work at all, and traveled 10,000 miles........ saw lots of the western states, AZ UT NM CO WY - very cool stuff! We love to stay in the state park kinda areas vs RV parks......... UTAH's national parks are our favorites! Zion and Lake Powell particularly!!

We've since taken on on call work within the government in emergency management mapping, that works cause we can work in the winter when RVing isn't a great idea, then take the spring summer off to travel! So far it's worked out great!

Looking forward to sharing the carto talk with you folks!

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

Cheers Rodeo, welcome to the forum; sounds like you and the wife have a fun 2008 ahead. seems like a good gig.

RODEO

RODEO

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

Cheers Rodeo, welcome to the forum; sounds like you and the wife have a fun 2008 ahead. seems like a good gig.

been busy, that's for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->