18 replies to this topic

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

I'm sitting here working on projects and it feels like this week is dragging!

What are you guys/gals doing for the holidays?

I'm going home (to Toronto) this weekend to be with family and I can't wait! It'll be a nice break since I haven't had a vacation since June. :)

I was done xmas shopping a few weeks back and did most of it online. I don't like fighting the crowds at the malls. Plus it will be a nice holiday since I got myself a little gift... another DSLR, the Canon 40D. :P

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Be safe while vacationing, crazy drivers on the roads.

Hope you had a great 2007! I know I did. :)

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hiya - yours truly is vacationing in your home country - we were in toronto last weekend (before the snow storms!), now we are in Alberta, hanging out with family and showing off our four month old baby.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

I'll be in Phoenix visiting my wife's family, then it's back to Colorado for a solid week of watching the clouds and the birds! I can't wait.

It's truly been a great year. Looking forward to 2008.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

The traditional Christmas dinner with the entire family at grandma's house and apart from that, I'll try and catch my breath a bit. Been working quite a lot lately, so I can do with a breather.

Enjoy the 40D Mike, and let me know what you think of it. Been eying that one since it came out.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Canada

Mike -

It's a winter wonderland in the Toronto area these days - perfect for Christmas. I think we've already got as much snow so far this year as we had all of last year. It should be fun.

David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

This week is dragging, isn't it? :lol: I really can't wait for the week to be over, though.

My wife is at home - we're expecting our first child soon. Although she's due at the end of next month, it could be any day. So, we're not doing much as far as Christmas is concerned. No tree, no decorations. We're not going out of town - just sticking nearby, and playing it by ear as far as how my wife is feeling.

But, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in getting out of here! I'm anxious to be home getting the house ready for the new baby. I'm in the mood to clean, and I'm definitely not in the mood to write policy (which is what I've been working on this week).

Hope everyone has a good Christmas.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

My wife is at home - we're expecting our first child soon. Although she's due at the end of next month, it could be any day.

Congratulations! No gift is better than a newborn!

Mike -

It's a winter wonderland in the Toronto area these days - perfect for Christmas. I think we've already got as much snow so far this year as we had all of last year. It should be fun.

I know! I was watching the weather this past week and was surprised there is so much snow already. I love a snowy Christmas!

A few years ago, this is what my front yard looked like a few days before I moved south!
Posted Image

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

This week is dragging, isn't it? :lol: I really can't wait for the week to be over, though.

My wife is at home - we're expecting our first child soon. Although she's due at the end of next month, it could be any day. So, we're not doing much as far as Christmas is concerned. No tree, no decorations. We're not going out of town - just sticking nearby, and playing it by ear as far as how my wife is feeling.

But, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in getting out of here! I'm anxious to be home getting the house ready for the new baby. I'm in the mood to clean, and I'm definitely not in the mood to write policy (which is what I've been working on this week).

Hope everyone has a good Christmas.

Wow. Congratulations David!

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Attached File  minou__oiseaux.jpg   132.86KB   79 downloads
My winter wonderland fun.

The snow is up to the windowsills. I put crumbs on the ledge. The pigeons come and drive my cat nuts..
Merry Christmas to all and congratulations David and Hugo on their new additons.
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Congratulations David!
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Staying put this year, but we just had a foot of snow Monday, so an early white Christmas was excellent.
If the weather is good, I will goto the town of Assisi (St. Francis) on Christmas day. Its very beautiful on Christmas.

Guys love cameras - my Xmas gift was a Nikon d40x with 300mm lens.

Buon Natale to all my carto friends!

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

Health to all the newborns and newborns to be... Children are great and precious.

Joyeux Noel et bonne année to all CartoTalkers.
Chart

David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Thanks everyone! I appreciate that. We're pretty excited about our new little girl. I've already an ESRI onesie, and a couple of other map related pieces of clothing ready for her. (It's not easy finding baby clothes with map stuff on it, though).

Mike - You're not going to get snow like that in Redlands! :lol: (Although, you don't have to travel far to see snow).
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

They have ESRI onesies? :lol:

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

Mike -

I know! I was watching the weather this past week and was surprised there is so much snow already. I love a snowy Christmas!

A few years ago, this is what my front yard looked like a few days before I moved south!

Oh that's nothing compared to what Nor-Easters can dump especially the storm of 2004 AKA White Juan which dumped 50-100cm of snow. I was in my final year of Cartographic studies doing a Topographic Map of Vancouver, BC, the power went out & boy was it cold. The storm Toronto got is small potatoes & laughable compared to what we get on the east coast for snow.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->