Web and User Interface Designer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

I am currently looking for a user interface designer to come work for me in Princeton, NJ. It's not really cartography, but it is a GPS Navigation software company, so there are maps involved. I know there are a lot of you with general design skills so I thought I would post it here. If you are interested contact me directly through CartoTalk.

Web and User Interface Designer
ALK Technologies is looking for a Web and User Interface designer to help maintain consumer and corporate websites, and solve challenging UI problems on the desktop, on small devices, on the web, and at the intersection of all three.
You will be responsible for specific projects as well as contributing to team efforts. You must be able to work independently as well as follow directions. Accuracy and detail is a must!

Specific responsibilities include:
• Web design
• HTML/XHTML/CSS/JavaScript/Ajax front-end coding
• Create UI wireframes and functional prototypes
• User interface designs
• User interface specifications
• Conduct usability testing
• Icon design
• Collaborate with other designers , product managers, and developers to ensure that your solutions excel in every possible way

Requirements:
• At least 1-3 years experience designing and building complex web sites.
• Specific experience in user-centered design methodologies for desktop, web, and/or small device applications
• Print design skill a big plus
• Expert with Adobe and Microsoft software.
• Proven ability to multi-task
• Self-starter and proactive
• Solid writing and visual communication skills

Note: We are looking for a designer with a blend of skills in both web design and UI design for this role.
This position is not suitable for people who see themselves as primarily as just Graphic Designers or Usability Analysts.
Salary range is dependent on the clarity and brilliance of the designs and product specifications in your portfolio.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->