Luigi

Luigi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello friendly GIS people...

I need some nice advices with something I came up with...

I want to preform a Cluster Analysis in ARCGIS 9.2. There are some tools to do it but... I've been checking some of them (High/Low CLustering; Multidostance Spatial Cluster, etc..) and they only seem to preform a cluster analysis on one field.

I need a tool that, at least, would preform a cluster analysis on 5 fields at the same time. The end result would be a map where polygons "statistically close" (according to the 5 fields) would be gathered in one cluster..

I've searched the web for some tools and I came up a tool called cluster analysis. It seems quite good but I was unable to preform all the steps 1 and 2 off the installation...

this is :
1# Install the Clustering Engine sample, which contains functionality necessary for this sample to run. The Clustering Engine sample can be found in ArcObjects Developer Help under Samples > Analysis and Visualization > Clustering Engine.
2# Register this sample's dll by compiling the sample or by using Regsvr32.exe. Note: If you choose to compile a new DLL on your machine, you will need to re-register the Clustering Engine DLL in the ClusterAnalysis.vbp file)

I think that is the reason why it is not working...

I'm not a true expert to deal with all these things and I would appreciate some help... :unsure:
Thank's

keep mapping

dsl

dsl

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • United States

I'm not sure why the sample isn't working. You are using version 9.2 and the sample is for version 8.3, that could be a problem. You might want to see if there is anything for the latest release or at least 9.x.

Another program is CrimeStat. The manual is really excellent and might give you some good info. Plus it is free.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/CRIMESTAT/

GeoDa is another free one with a good manual:
https://www.geoda.uiuc.edu/

This is a pay program I've used before that is pretty good:
http://www.terraseer...lusterseer.html

I'm not sure if any of these programs allow you to use multiple variables. GeoDa has some pretty sophisticated weighting techniques, you might be able to do something with that.

David

Hello friendly GIS people...

I need some nice advices with something I came up with...

I want to preform a Cluster Analysis in ARCGIS 9.2. There are some tools to do it but... I've been checking some of them (High/Low CLustering; Multidostance Spatial Cluster, etc..) and they only seem to preform a cluster analysis on one field.

I need a tool that, at least, would preform a cluster analysis on 5 fields at the same time. The end result would be a map where polygons "statistically close" (according to the 5 fields) would be gathered in one cluster..

I've searched the web for some tools and I came up a tool called cluster analysis. It seems quite good but I was unable to preform all the steps 1 and 2 off the installation...

this is :
1# Install the Clustering Engine sample, which contains functionality necessary for this sample to run. The Clustering Engine sample can be found in ArcObjects Developer Help under Samples > Analysis and Visualization > Clustering Engine.
2# Register this sample's dll by compiling the sample or by using Regsvr32.exe. Note: If you choose to compile a new DLL on your machine, you will need to re-register the Clustering Engine DLL in the ClusterAnalysis.vbp file)

I think that is the reason why it is not working...

I'm not a true expert to deal with all these things and I would appreciate some help... :unsure:
Thank's

keep mapping

Luigi

Luigi

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • No Country Selected

Thank's a lot.. I will try and keep you posted...

Best regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->