• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

Hello

I was wondering if anybody knows how (or if) to export a map created in ESRI's BusinessMAP 3.5 to either ArcMAP 9.2 or Adobe Illustrator. In general I need to use BusinessMAP to produce a choroplethic map of the US by counties of over 100,000 inferences. Once this map has been created, I want to get the vector into Adobe Illustrator where I can fine tune the map. I know that I can export an ArcMap to AI, but I do not know the export capabilities of BusinessMAP.

thanks,
kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

kru - I am not familiar with BusinessMap - if you have ArcMap, can't you just as well do it there?
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

Thanks for the reply Frax,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with BusinessMap either. I could do the analysis in ArcMap, but I do not think that a data layer exists with all the zip codes geo-referenced like they are in BusinessMap. There are several thousand zip codes in the US and to make that layer would be too time consuming for this project. Does anyone know of a geo-referenced zip code/ county map of the US?

Thanks
kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

Geographic Techniques

Geographic Techniques

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • United States

Thanks for the reply Frax,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with BusinessMap either. I could do the analysis in ArcMap, but I do not think that a data layer exists with all the zip codes geo-referenced like they are in BusinessMap. There are several thousand zip codes in the US and to make that layer would be too time consuming for this project. Does anyone know of a geo-referenced zip code/ county map of the US?

Thanks
kru

I believe there are ZIP Code polygons and point files on the Data & Maps disks that came with ArcMap. You could then spatially join a county layer with one of those ZIP layers.

Doug
Douglas Norgord, Geographic Techniques
www.geotechmap.com

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • United States

Hey Doug,

I'll have to see if those data are installed on our computers on campus. They may be, I've never looked. Thanks for your guidance.

kru
Strabo 22AD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->