16 replies to this topic

Noam

Noam

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Israel

Hey there, analisa.

It is a very nice map you have here, but please let me say some things that are a bit disturbing:

1. The secondary streams (light blue) should not overlap the main ones (dark blue). You can easily take care of that by defining priorities in the layer properties in arcMap (especially if you are using 9.1 or 9.2). I would prefer having all the rivers the same color...
2. the borders of the pacific fishery... can get another touch using Cartographic representation for taking care of the control points (where lines intersects)
3. Use label and feature priorities in order to prevent labels overrun buy other labels or features overrun by other labels (like area number 2 in the south west corner of the map.

Other then that - A beautiful map!

A. Fenix

A. Fenix

Analisa Fenix

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, PGIS, PPGIS, GIS, Urban/regional Planning, Conservation, Biodiversity/Cultural Diversity, Travel, History, Ecology, Geography, Biking, Gardening, Cooking, Physics, Permaculture, Sky diving, Green Roofs, Music (creating and enjoying), Photography, Carpentry, Film making, Writing...
  • No Country Selected

DOH! I forgot to adjust the priorities for the streams... good catch! I can't find any labels that are overlapping... and shouldn't, since I did all the labeling by hand. Interesting...

thanks for the great feedback Noam!

analisa
Analisa Fenix
GIS Manager/Chief Cartographer
Ecotrust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->