• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Safe Software grants FME Certification to Red Geographics

November 13th 2007- Klundert, The Netherlands

Today Safe Software announces it's certification programme and Hans van der Maarel of Red Geographics is amongst the first people to receive the status of Certified Professional.

The Safe Software FME Certification Program is a technical skill credentials program that helps identify high quality, knowledgeable FME users, consultants and trainers. Participants' FME proficiencies are assessed through an exam, workspace exercises and, for FME Certified Professional or Trainer designations, a web presentation. Certification is a great way for FME users and experts to gain a competitive edge in their industries.

"I am very pleased to receive this status. It's a recognition of all the time and efforts I, but also others, have put into FME over the past years, either promoting the product or helping other users through the mailing list and FMEPedia. It also helps to set me apart from other consultants in the field. I am proud to be one of the FME Certified Professionals.", said Hans.

“Hans van der Maarel of Red Geographics has been a Safe Software partner for a long time,” says Don Murray, President of Safe Software. “During that time, he demonstrated a deep and extensive understanding of FME. His active contributions to our fmepedia and user community are truly priceless.”

About Safe Software and FME
Established in 1993, Safe Software is the maker of FME, the only true spatial ETL (extract, transform and load) platform that enables organizations to use and leverage spatial data in any format or application. Today, FME is used by thousands of customers in over 116 countries in a wide variety of industries. FME provides the most extensive format support and powerful transformations to help organizations efficiently address the complete spectrum of spatial ETL tasks - from data translation and transformation to federation and distribution. Used by most GIS, CAD, ETL, and DB vendors, FME has emerged as the de facto integrated spatial ETL solution. FME is available in desktop and server solutions, and is also easily integrated into third-party CAD and GIS solutions, as well as most IT environments. Visit www.safe.com for more information.

About Red Geographics
Red Geographics is an FME reseller and cartographic/GIS consultancy company from The Netherlands. FME is used for data manipulation in all sorts and forms, but most often to assist in the production of maps. Visit www.redgeographics.com for more information.

FME is a registered trademark of Safe Software Inc. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Congratulations!
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

Wow, that's great! Congratulations Hans!

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

Congratulations Hans. To think we all knew you back when!

This also goes to show the very high caliber of individuals we have available here on CartoTalk.
Rick Dey

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Netherlands

Thanks guys.

As you all know, I'm the resident FME nut over here and this certification programme is proof that I really do spend too much time on it :lol:

All kidding aside, it is a great recognition of my FME capabilities and I'm proud to have received the certification.
Red Geographics

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

First off congratulations Hans. I have been considering FME for some time as a product that I may incorporate in my own starting freelance venture. However my dilemma with FME is the fact that according to that companies website is the fact that I'm working on a Windows Vista Premium platform, the last FME product lists XP as the highest platform.

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Netherlands

First off congratulations Hans. I have been considering FME for some time as a product that I may incorporate in my own starting freelance venture. However my dilemma with FME is the fact that according to that companies website is the fact that I'm working on a Windows Vista Premium platform, the last FME product lists XP as the highest platform.

http://www.fmepedia....perating_system

:D

I'm not using Vista myself, so I can't speak from personal experience, but it looks as though there's no major issues.
Red Geographics

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

http://www.fmepedia....perating_system

:D

I'm not using Vista myself, so I can't speak from personal experience, but it looks as though there's no major issues.

I've tried the FME evaluation version on my Vista platform just today, so far so good it seems to work ok. The only issue I found so far was the fact that in the middle of the tutorial an error caused my program to shut down so now I have to start it again. :angry:

"There is much beauty that we fail to see through our own eyes teeming with life forms that give us that perception of our reality.  Leaves on the trees blowing gently in the wind, or scarily, the waves pounding through high surf, or lightly on a warm summer’s day; that opportunity to sit or swim in the water on a white beach.   That comfort to shout, “The universal conscious do you hear me?  I am alive, guide me dear logos towards the path of rightnesses.”  Earned what has been kept, no longer to be absorbed into a life filled with cold damn winds and  that stubborn fog clouding  my vision with nothing but darkness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->