• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:wine, women and song
  • Norway

Hi to all,

Check out the recently launched PDF-map site from Stavanger in Norway:

http://www.stavanger-guide.no/

Feel free to get some inspiration or use some of the ideas from the Stavanger Guide web site, just remember to keep it simple. Also have in mind that your visitors must be able to access and utilize the maps quickly and efficiently. Language is also a factor to consider. By offering your maps in a variety of languages you are inclined to make travellers feel even more welcome. The PDF format is a must for high resolution printing. Having a good quality informative map in your pocket before you arrive at your destination is an asset.

Take care & keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
Kevin Paul

Posted Image

Sendhil

Sendhil

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Kevin,

The maps are beautiful! They are inviting, easy to read and understand. Excellent work!!

- Sendhil

Hi to all,

Check out the recently launched PDF-map site from Stavanger in Norway:

http://www.stavanger-guide.no/

Feel free to get some inspiration or use some of the ideas from the Stavanger Guide web site, just remember to keep it simple. Also have in mind that your visitors must be able to access and utilize the maps quickly and efficiently. Language is also a factor to consider. By offering your maps in a variety of languages you are inclined to make travellers feel even more welcome. The PDF format is a must for high resolution printing. Having a good quality informative map in your pocket before you arrive at your destination is an asset.

Take care & keep up the good work!

Best wishes,
Kevin Paul

Posted Image

kevinpaulscarrott

kevinpaulscarrott

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:wine, women and song
  • Norway

Thanks Sendhil, it’s not often that I receive such warm appreciative feedback like yours.
Most of the work I do is for local government. They never give me any feedback about how they feel, although I do receive many positive comments from the travellers that actually utilise the material; along with comments from cartographers like yourself I suppose one can’t really expect much more than that.

Before, we used to take timeout and go out and celebrate when a project was completed. These days we just seem to get on with the next task.

Anyone else experience this situation or is it just here in Norway where things seem to converge into one continuous work schedule?

Please let me know. I may need to plan a drastic change of lifestyle.

Warm regards as always,
Kevin Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->