Photo

Hi! I'm working with women in GIS specifically.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

WomenTechWorld

WomenTechWorld

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi everyone. I received a link to this site from the Women in GIS newsgroup, so I hope that means that there are some women in GIS here! I work for a non-profit called the National Institute for Women in Trades, Technology and Science that helps recruit and retain women to male-dominated occupations (like GIS). Currently, we're working with the GIS program at San Diego Mesa College in California to help them recruit and retain women as part of the CalWomenTech Project. Please read below as we're looking for women to help us!

Would you like to give a helping hand to other women studying to be or already in the field of GIS? Do you wish someone had helped you?

Now's your chance to become a WomenTechWorld.org e-Mentor and support other women either working in or studying to work in a GIS occupation to help them achieve their career goals.

If you or someone you know would make like to be an e-Mentor for a woman in a GIS occupation please visit womentechworld.org to sign up.

To find out more about the CalWomenTech Project, visit the CalWomenTech Summary page.

If you don't think you have time to be an e-mentor, consider becoming a Role Model for other women in GIS.

Please read some of the Roel Model stories on-line by clicking here, and then submit your own information by clicking here and filling out our easy-to-use on-line form. Please note a photo is required for all role model profiles. If you are chosen to be a womentechworld.org role model we will contact you to schedule a phone interview to write up your story.

Lastly (thanks for reading this far!), if you can think of someone that would like to be an e-Mentor or Role Model for a woman in GIS, please send them our flyer below (or print it out and pass it out at work!):

Posted Image

Thanks for the support!

Sophia Teper
www.womentechworld.org * www.iwitts.com
WomenTechWorld.org - Because We Believe in Supporting Each Other

benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

I have forwarded on to a few colleagues in my university's Geography department, and one friend who is a female GIS professional.

You will find a few women on the forum here, but I haven't been active lately so I don't know if they have been around or not.

WomenTechWorld

WomenTechWorld

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • No Country Selected

I have forwarded on to a few colleagues in my university's Geography department, and one friend who is a female GIS professional.

You will find a few women on the forum here, but I haven't been active lately so I don't know if they have been around or not.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->