• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mactowne

mactowne

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

I'm trying to export contours that I created from a DEM to a .dxf with the z data included so that I don't have to recreate it in AutoCAD. The Manifold help file describes how to do this, but I can't find the "synthesize z data" option they mention anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with this? Here is the help file text:

"Export Drawing - DXF
DXF or .dxf is a format used by AutoCAD. Manifold exports to DXF format files suitable for use with AutoCAD 14 and higher versions. Drawings and labels components may be exported to DXF.

To export a drawing to DXF format:

1. Open the drawing in a drawing window.

2. Choose File - Export - Drawing from the main menu.

3. In the Export dialog choose DXF Files in the Save as type box and specify a filename to use. Press Save.

4. Check the Synthesize Z data box and choose a field to be used for Z data if Z data is to be exported into the drawing.

5. Press OK.

Controls

Synthesize Z data
When checked, the field selected in the combo box will be used to generate Z data that will be exported into the drawing. Not checked by default.

Exporting a DXF with elevation data will embed elevation tags into the resulting polyline entities."

BCowper

BCowper

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Canada

This works as advertized for me - using the latest version 8.0 and it worked in all previous versions.

Current software used: ArcInfo 10.1 (Spatial and 3D Anaylst), Manifold 8.0 Ultimate x64, AutoCAD Civil/Map 3D 2011 x64.

Sky Schemer

Sky Schemer

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • United States

I'm trying to export contours that I created from a DEM to a .dxf with the z data included so that I don't have to recreate it in AutoCAD. The Manifold help file describes how to do this, but I can't find the "synthesize z data" option they mention anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Works for me, too. The dialog for this option occurs after you select the filename and hit "save", not before. Might you be looking for it to appear too soon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->