1 reply to this topic

erik

erik

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • United States

I'm looking for a way to print a high resolution map on an Epson printer using recycled paper.

I know you can put a plain (perhaps even recycled) piece of paper into an Epson printer and print using the "Plain" preset, which will provide what I think of as low resolution printing. Most maps have small details which require higher resolution--my maps typically depend on getting sharp details from the highest resolution settings that the Epson offers.

From what I can tell, Epson does not offer recycled paper. Does anyone know of any source of recycled paper that can take advantage of the high resolution print modes of an Epson printer?

erik

Adam Wilbert

Adam Wilbert

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • United States

The problem is that the "high resolution" printing modes usually over-saturate paper fibers, and most recycled stocks don't have the coatings needed to accept, and hold, that much ink without serious bleeding. Red River Paper offers a 100% recycled coated ink-jet stock that might meet your needs. I've never used this particular stock myself, but have had great results with red river papers in the past.

My favorite stock is, unfortunately, laser only. But I'll mention it here for completeness. The Mohawk Color Copy 100 is 100% recycled, manufactured entirely with wind energy, and is carbon-neutral. Image quality on it is fantastic and rivals high quality laser papers in terms of brightness as well.

Hope that helps.
-Adam

Adam Wilbert
CartoGaia.com & AdamWilbert.com
Lynda.com author of "Up and Running with ArcGIS"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->