rajesh2911

rajesh2911

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • India

Hi all

I have few work to transfer Freehand MX file to Illustrator CS2. What is the best way to do this so that I can retain all layers and text as it is.
What I found Freehand MX is not supporting Illustrator (may be I wrong). Please help me out.
Thanks

Rajesh

www.designatpeace.com
rajesh@designatpeace.com
info@designatpeace.com

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

I am sure there is some information if you search around this on board. Nat Case, Bruce Daniels and Nat Kelso did a presentation on this at NACIS 2006 - maybe there is some documentation from that around somewhere (nat?).

Basically, I think fonts and gradients will be your worst headache - otherwise you should be able to transfer most things through eps or saving as AI from Freehand...
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Canada

You might also want to check out Mordy Golding's online videos about bringing files over from Freehand to Illustrator at the Adobe site. Mordy also has produced an excellent reference book to Illustrator and runs a fine blog of the same name called Real World Illustrator.

The issue that I think you'll want to pay close attention to is text. We've been migrating to Illustrator from Freehand 8 are finding that this is the biggest and most time consuming problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->