cartobendigo

cartobendigo

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Australia

Hi All,

I am trying to run a thematic on a table of population data in Manifold. I want to be able to assign my own population graduations and also a unique symbol according to these graduations. I have read the help files and it seems I am on the right track however I suspect the format of the column that holds the population data is not correct. Can anyone recommend what this should be, i.e. Interger, text, floating point etc.

I would dearly love to send the shapefile through to someone for them to have a quick look at it. If you think you can help out please let me know. This is driving me crazy!

Damien
Damien Demaj
www.demap.com.au

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I am trying to run a thematic on a table of population data in Manifold. I want to be able to assign my own population graduations and also a unique symbol according to these graduations. I have read the help files and it seems I am on the right track however I suspect the format of the column that holds the population data is not correct. Can anyone recommend what this should be, i.e. Interger, text, floating point etc.

I would dearly love to send the shapefile through to someone for them to have a quick look at it. If you think you can help out please let me know. This is driving me crazy!

Since you'll be doing math on that column, either integer of floating point, to be on the safe side. Some applications support 'type juggling', allowing you to do mathematical operations on text strings as long as they have a numerical component, but I'm not sure Manifold is one of them.

Feel free to email me your shapefile (address is below) and I'll have a quick look.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->