Manifold 8.0 is out at www.manifold.net

BEAVER

BEAVER

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • United States

Manifold developers are asking what we would like to see in the next upgrades when it comes to cartography. Please speak up.

http://69.17.46.171/...240059670000000

mdsumner

mdsumner

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Australia

Be sure to submit suggestions via the usual route which is always open, emails to sales@manifold.net

http://www.manifold....uggestions.html

The forum is great for discussion, but the only guarantee your request will be heard is to follow those guidelines and send it in.

Sky Schemer

Sky Schemer

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • United States

The forum is great for discussion, but the only guarantee your request will be heard is to follow those guidelines and send it in.

Since Dimitri recommended we start the thread, I suspect it will get listened to. But I plan on sending a suggestion to sales that consolidates all the items there once the dust settles. :)

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Canada

But I plan on sending a suggestion to sales that consolidates all the items there once the dust settles. :)

I'd be interested in seeing such a list once you've compiled it.

Sky Schemer

Sky Schemer

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • United States

I'd be interested in seeing such a list once you've compiled it.

It looks like the pace has trickled off. Rather than try to compile the whole list, which is somewhat formidable, I'll point you at the thread.

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Canada

Well, I've purchased Manifold 8, installed it, then ran into trouble. Not because of Manifold but because of Microsoft. I'm running Vista Home Edition. To permanently activate Manifold, one needs to activate it using the Administrator account in Vista, not just any account that has administrator privileges. The question then became - how does one access the Administrator account in Vista Home? After spending an hour trying different things I came upon a very simple solution as found on TechRepublic. Typing this command line in the command prompt suddenly makes the Administrator account visible and accessible. Activiation successful!

So . . . for any one else out there looking to install Manifold 8 on Vista Home, you'll need to use this solution. One wonders why Microsoft decided to hide the real Administrator . . . .

Sky Schemer

Sky Schemer

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • United States

Typing this command line in the command prompt suddenly makes the Administrator account visible and accessible. Activiation successful!

It's much easier to just right click on the icon of the program you want to run and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu.

rudy

rudy

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Canada

It's much easier to just right click on the icon of the program you want to run and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu.

Yeah . . . I didn't know that that was an option. That would've been too easy.

galvarezhn

galvarezhn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Honduras

Almost the changes are to make it work faster, drawing tools are same, maybe we wanted support to dgn v8 or dwg +2005 files.

mdsumner

mdsumner

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Australia

http://www.manifold....ggestions.shtml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->