GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Disney World has just introduced a new, online customized map feature:

FREE Customized Maps.
"X" doesn't mark the spot. You do!

Wish you could get Walt Disney World Theme Park maps marked with the stuff you want to see and do––attractions and shows that you picked out? Wish granted. With our FREE, new Customized Maps feature, you choose your Theme Park favorites, we’ll chart them out on keepsake-quality maps and then we’ll mail them to you at home! It’s the perfect way to explore all that’s in store for you and your family at Walt Disney World Resort.

Click here to create

I ran through the process this morning, and it's a neat little application. You set up the different points of interest at the four different parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom) that you are interested in. They will then generate a map that will be sent to you. You can order one map every 6 months.

I didn't go through the process of ordering the map, but did work the interface. It's a neat little application.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

Paul H

Paul H

Paul from JIMAPCO

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States

I did this a few months ago, when they first started the service. I thought it was neat, but when I got the maps in the mail, instead of customized maps they seemed to be just standard issue maps of the parks I had chosen with a customized fancy envelope and address.

loximuthal

loximuthal

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • United States

Mine arrived in the mail last week. I was equally disappointed. I'm sure the kids will like all the fancy artwork around the margin (semi-reminicent of pirate treasure maps, of the high-class kind) but little is actually customized.
Andy McIntire
US Census Bureau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->