Avenza Announces MAPublisher 7.5 for Adobe Illustrator
Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:22 AM
MAPublisher 7.5 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product update that is free to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher 7.3 for all new customers using Adobe Illustrator CS2 or CS3.
"We have again responded to the requests of our users by providing support for Adobe’s new version of Illustrator while at the same time improving on the previous version 7.3 release by including many new functions and feature enhancements,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza, “Support for Google’s KML format as well as the new GUI-based coordinate system editor are major steps forward for MAPublisher as we strive to expand its usefulness and appeal in markets worldwide.” he added.
MAPublisher 7.5 includes all the significant new functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher 7.x including a new intelligent labeling engine, new grid, graticules and scalebar generators, a new and improved MAP attributes engine with expression builder, advanced selection filters and enhanced map index creation and image registration, as well as the following new features and enhancements.
Features of MAPublisher 7.5 for Adobe Illustrator
● Support for Adobe Illustrator CS3
● Support for Windows Vista operating system
● Support for Intel-based Mac hardware
● Import and Export support for Google’s KML file format
● Keyboard shortcuts for commonly used MAPublisher functions
● New and improved projection engine with dialog-based coordinate system editing capabilities
● Improved Register Imager function supports registration of images with non-square pixels
● Export of point layers to text files (including co-ordinates and attributes)
● Import support for a wider variety of DMS text formats
● Various other user interface improvements and performance enhancements to improve usability including additional support for Unicode characters
More about MAPublisher 7.5 for Illustrator
MAPublisher 7.5 for Illustrator CS2 and CS3 is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software. Avenza also offers MAPublisher 5.0 for FreeHand – a suite of Xtras that adds mapmaking functionality to Macromedia Freehand 10 and MX.
MAPublisher 7.5 for Illustrator is available free of charge to all MAPublisher for Illustrator customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$499. New licenses are US$1149. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact:
Avenza Systems Inc.
When Map Quality Matters ®
Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite
Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users