Avenza Announces Geographic Imager 1.5 for Adobe Photoshop
Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:16 AM
“Following the successful release and tremendous reception of the initial Geographic Imager releases, we are delighted to be following up so quickly with this update”, said Ted Florence, President of Avenza Systems. “We have responded to the requests of our users by quickly adding support for Adobe’s newest version of Photoshop as well as enhancing the already useful toolset within the earlier versions.” he added.
Geographic Imager enhances the already commanding Adobe Photoshop imaging environment by adding all the tools and technology necessary to support the import, edit, manipulation and export of geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery. In addition to allowing the use of Photoshop and its numerous native imaging functions such as cropping, transparencies, individual pixel editing and brightness/contrast control, Geographic Imager adds the ability to import and recognize geotiffs and other referenced raster formats, automatically mosaic and tile images spatially, reproject and transform images, geo-reference images based on ground control points and re-export images with all spatial information intact.
Features and Benefits of Geographic Imager
● Allows the use of Adobe Photoshop native functionality without destroying the spatial properties of the image
● Import and export geotiffs and other spatial raster formats along with all georeferencing
● Georeference non-referenced imagery
● Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
● Reprojection of spatial imagery
● Automatic mosaicking of spatial imagery
● Mac, Windows and floating licenses available
Features of the Geographic Imager 1.5
● Support for Adobe Photoshop CS3
● Support for Windows Vista
● Support for Intel-based Mac hardware
● New spatial image tiling function offers multiple methods of breaking an image into multiple smaller ones
● New and improved coordinate system database
● Numerous cosmetic fixes and improved overall application stability
More about Geographic Imager
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software.
Geographic Imager for Photoshop CS2 and CS3 is available free of charge to all Geographic Imager customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance members at US$269. New licenses are US$599 for a single-user fixed commercial license. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. MAPublisher maintenance program members may enjoy a US$100 time-limited discount. Educational and floating licenses as well as discounted MAPublisher/ Geographic Imager bundles are also available. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact:
Avenza Systems Inc.
When Map Quality Matters ®
Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite
Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users