David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

hey david,

for some reason the link to the map isn't working for me. are there permission issues to get to that site?

sadly, the conference wasn't in my cards this year. perhaps next...

analisa

Hmm...I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. It's working for me.

You can always try this link, which allows you to search the Map Gallery. Search for panel 1101. Alternatively, here's another try at the direct link to the PDF.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • United States

Congratulations to everyone who submitted maps and to those who won awards and recognition for their hard work!

I had the pleasure to be a map judge this year, so I got to spend more hours than usual perusing many of the maps. :D
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

I won't be at the conference... but I did spend many hours working on a map with fellow Cartotalk member "claude". It should be at Panel 3046. We (Platts Geospatial) have a booth in the exhibition hall as well. Stop by and check out some of our other maps and products.

Erin, I noticed that map the two of you did. It looked good! You should be proud.

On my way through the gallery as they were tearing down on Thursday afternoon, there was a big 'DO NOT REMOVE THIS MAP' on your poster. (One of my maps also contained this sign). I later found out that the map was taken for consideration for next year's ESRI Map Book. No guarantee that it will make it, but it's made the first cut (congrats!).

I had a good conference myself. The map I produced last year, highlighting fires in San Diego County, was published in this year's Map Book (look on page 13). I have the Camp Pendleton Environmental atlas that is being considering for next year's Map Book. Two Marine Corps maps that my staff produced, won awards today, as well.

Second place in Best Analytical, went to MCAGCC 29 Palms, for a map using ArcSchmatics. This map was produced by Chip Chadbourne, TAIC. Third place in Best Cartography, Large Format, In House, went to GEOFidelis West for the GEOFidelis West Installations map, a map showing the locations of the 8 different installations. This map was produced by the GEOFidelis West team, including Dan Ehreth, Luciana Hsueh, Jacob Glen, Michelle Boivin and myself. I'm very proud that the team did as well as it did.

David,
Thanks for the kudos on our map....and congratualations to you and your team! I havent checked out the maps yet, but I'm sure they are excellent!

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Is there a webpage that has all the winners from the Poster Gallery?

I think would be an interesting resource to be able to see all the winning posters...

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

David T

David T

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

I think would be an interesting resource to be able to see all the winning posters...

Usually there is a page with the winners, along with the products they produced. I'm not sure how quickly they will get that info out there, though.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
West Coast Installations

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • United States

I am told there will be such a site soon. I'll post a link as soon as I get one (unless someone else beats me to it). :)
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • United States

I am told there will be such a site soon. I'll post a link as soon as I get one (unless someone else beats me to it). :)

The slides from the UC showing the names of the winning entries is at UC Map Gallery results
Currently it's just a list of the winners (category, place, map name, winners' names), but pictures of the winning entries are supposed to be there soon.
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

David T

David T

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Dave,

Thanks for posting the link. Congratulations to all of the winners. A job well done. I can't wait for ESRI to post images of the winners.

A big congratulations to Cartotalk members Claude and Erin, for second place in the 'Best Cartographic Design - Single Map, Large Format' for their map 'Power Plants of India'.

I apologize if I've missed any other Cartotalk members. If I did...please speak up.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
West Coast Installations

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

Great conference this year! Thanks to everybody who submitted something to the Map Gallery. It turned out great! From talking with other Map Gallery judges and through emails, most thought that this year's gallery was the most impressive. That says a lot for all of the users out there!

I'm looking forward to reviewing all of the submitted maps for the ESRI Map Book Vol. 23 which starts production this fall. :)

nonie3234

nonie3234

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United States

Here are my photos from the conference:
http://picasaweb.google.com/home

Claude

Claude

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • United States

Dave, thanks for the props. We were really happy to be there and place. It was a good conference.

Nonie, that link is the generic link for picassa albums...therefore, i just see my own albums when i go to that. Can you go to the share album page for that album and click "Link to this album" on the left side and post the URL that appears there?
thanks,
Claude
Platts, a div. of McGraw-Hill
www.maps.platts.com

nonie3234

nonie3234

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United States

OH NO!!! My mistake...so sorry!