The Globe Pequot Press seeks highly detailed editor to edit and develop maps. This editor will have five or more years of book and/or map publishing experience. Must be able to work with Adobe Illustrator!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with authors and editors to get maps and manuscripts in on time and clearly communicate expectations and timetables; evaluate maps for revision and copyediting needs; research and/or solicit text revisions to maps; work with authors and editors to obtain text and/or art for products.
2. Assign projects to freelance copy editors and proofreaders and traffic projects from initial map or concept to finished product.
3. Review edited map manuscripts; organize map materials; check page proofs; integrate author/editor/cartographer changes; review PDFs.
4. Enter title information into Quality Solutions.
• Diplomatic and patient
• Detail oriented and organized
• Able to meet and juggle multiple deadlines
• Excellent command of English grammar
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
Map Editor - Globe Pequot Press
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users