benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

hans,
I'm now Hephaestus, you say? Honestly I'm a little disappointed I don't get to be the lord of the underworld anymore. you've taken the wind right out of my sails.

Honestly I think Hans got it wrong. Dave's character is at the bottom because he is Hercules, half mortal. Besides, he's too good lookin to be Hades. The evil guy with fire on the top right... it's gotta be Hades. As for Hephaestus... wow, I have never even heard of him! Or what his super powers were :) And I thought I knew all of Greek and Roman mythology.

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

Dave's ... Besides, he's too good lookin to be Hades.

I get that all the time (usually phrased more like "I don't think he looks like h*ll") :lol:

only a demigod... B)

The evil guy with fire on the top right... it's gotta be Hades. As for Hephaestus... wow, I have never even heard of him! Or what his super powers were :) And I thought I knew all of Greek and Roman mythology.

God of blacksmiths. :ph34r:
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Nick is, quite fittingly, Zeus the upper-god.
I would be Poseidon, god of the sea.
Erin is probabely Hephaestus, god of fire.
Ben could be Hermes (looks like some telecommunication device, you can use it to tap somebody on the shoulder from very far away...)
Analisa can take her pick from the available godesses: Hera, Demeter, Artemis (godess of the hunt, so I'm guessing that's the red figure on the bottom row), Athena, Aphrodite or Hestia.
Derek might be Ares
Dave could be Hades (since he's down below) or Dionysus
And that leaves Apollo for Jean-Louis

Well, I didnt really ponder the attributions, I just stuck the names on..But now that you mention it:

Right for Nick as Zeus
Right for you Hans as Posseidon . The Low contries and the sea and all that... besides I always thought all Dutchmen were green?
Right on Erin as Fire (didnt he do a map about nuclear china?)

Analisa is probably Athena, Godess of Wisdom (why not?) could not be Aphrodite nor Artemis who are to the left

Dave however would be He-man Ares (wild guess about Dave!)
Derek would be talkative Hermes (the caduceus)
Ben, Luck of the draw, got to be the Hunk sun-god Apollo.

and me, I just put myself on the old fart. whoever he is
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

OMG, how did I miss this post. Besides the excellent bad maps, now I am Zeus!

And any one that dares to not call me a Cartographer had better watch out for my Lightning Bolts of Mercator ;)

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

now I am Zeus!

The one thing we all seem to agree upon!
Hail to the chief!

Attached File  zeus_NICK.jpg   111.66KB   87 downloads
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

hans,
I'm now Hephaestus, you say? Honestly I'm a little disappointed I don't get to be the lord of the underworld anymore. you've taken the wind right out of my sails.

Honestly I think Hans got it wrong. Dave's character is at the bottom because he is Hercules, half mortal. Besides, he's too good lookin to be Hades. The evil guy with fire on the top right... it's gotta be Hades. As for Hephaestus... wow, I have never even heard of him! Or what his super powers were :) And I thought I knew all of Greek and Roman mythology.

Are you saying I'm ugly or what? After so many centuries in the hot pit of the earth one tends to look slightly....rugged...kinda like the Marlboro man. Cut me some slack, Sungod. :)

Jean-Louis,
the map i did shows all of the power generation types across China; hydro, nukes, coal, et cetera....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->