GEOGRAPHER

GS-0150 -11
$56,529 - $73,489 per Annum

Announcement Number: SW7-0150-11-PK627959-I
Open Date: 04/25/2007
1st Cut-Off Date: 04/29/2007
Closing Date: 05/25/2007

Job Location: Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, San Diego, California

Applications received by the cut-off date of April 29, 2007 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. If additional applications are needed, a second cut-off date of May 04, 2007 may be used, and weekly cut-offs thereafter.

The incumbent serves as the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technician providing technical advice and guidance to the Assistant Chief of Staff, Environmental Security (AC/S ES), and senior staff in the development, implementation, and maintenance of an environmental GIS for Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, to facilitate the compilation, cataloging, tracking, storage/retrieval, analysis, updating, and graphical display of a large volume and diversity of spatially distributed natural resources, environmental pollution and cleanup, and military training and construction planning data. This data includes soils, fire history, vegetation communities, species distributions, cultural resource site boundaries, boundaries of known contamination, prediction of underground plumes from contaminated sites, and development of pathways of exposure maps, watersheds, water resources, etc.

Who May Apply:
Current permanent Federal civilian employees serving under career or career conditional appointments in competitive service.
Current permanent Department of Defense civilian employees serving under career or career conditional appointments.
Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement eligibility.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Interchange Agreement (NAF, DCIPS, TSA, etc.) eligibles.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.

Management may consider candidates from any of the above hiring categories. Applicants who are in hiring categories not considered for this announcement will be notified of being “outside the area of consideration”

How To Apply:
You must create an account on the US Navy's Human Resources Website: https://chart.donhr.navy.mil. Log into the account. If you fall into one of the categories above, and are eligible to apply, this position will be found by completing a search for the Announcement Number (SW7-0150-11-PK627959-I), location (Camp Pendleton), or title (Geographer). Please read over the announcement carefully to see if you qualify, and to not consideration cut-off dates (April 29).

Note:
I am not the selecting official for this position. I cannot answer any questions about this position. Although I am employed at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, and will interface with the person hired into this position, I will not have any input into the hiring process. This position does not report to me. This position is being posted for informational purposes, to assist the government in it's opportunities to find the broadest range of candidates that might qualify for this position. Posting of this position does not imply interview or selection of any particular candidate for this position.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->