bebe onea

bebe onea

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Romania

Hi,
I have a problem with Gauss-Krueger projection in ArcGis. I have some topographic maps of Romania 1:25 000 in this projection and the zone is 35N. The problem is that i cannot find that zone in ArcGis. The zones stop at 32N. Can anyone help me please?

macnetz

macnetz

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Germany

I have a problem with Gauss-Krueger projection in ArcGis. I have some topographic maps of Romania 1:25 000 in this projection and the zone is 35N. The problem is that i cannot find that zone in ArcGis. The zones stop at 32N. Can anyone help me please?

Hi,

I know nothing about ArcGIS - but it seems you mix Gauss-Krueger and UTM ;)

Jörn Weber made a list with all possible Gauss-Krueger zones (3 degree and 6 degree zones)
http://forum.ttqv.co...pic.php?t=10792
Romania belongs to GK 7 - GK 9 (3 degree zones) or GK 4 (6 degree zones).

Regards - Anton
Anton Betzler
my Website: Mac im Netz
my Home: Google Maps

david17tym

david17tym

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United Kingdom

Quote from the ArcGIS Desktop help....

"The Gauss-Krüger coordinate system is very similar to the UTM coordinate system. Europe is divided into six degree wide zones with the central meridian of zone 1 equal to 3° E. The parameters are the same as UTM except for the scale factor which is equal to 1.000, rather than 0.9996. See the Examples section for Gauss-Krüger and UTM projection files."

Examples:

The following projection file has parameters for a Gauss-Krüger coordinate system.

input
projection geographic
units dd
datum EUR_A
parameters
output
projection transverse
units meters
datum EUS
parameters
9 0 0
0 0 0
end

You should have a projection file for UTM Zone 35N which, according to the advice above, can be modified to produce a base in Gauss-Kruger. If this is missing let me know and I can e-mail it to you off list.

Hope this helps,

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->