- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

So I am nearly complete with updating a rather complex map that I originially made 3 years ago in Ai10 (so I'm still working in Ai10). I migrated the layers (and sublayers) that needed updating to another document for efficiency and I have just pasted things back over, saved and everthing is peachy. The 80 or so layers (and sublayers) are nestled in the layers palette and I just have a couple of more touch-ups before sending a proof to the press, or rather going to the press for a proof (it's been a long week).

Now when re-open the file, the layers palette is blank - it's like when when you accidentally open a layer full of zillions of paths and it just shows nothing. I decided to go back and re-import the updated layers on a previously saved version - and like before the process was smooth - but like before after I saved, closed and re-opened the file the layers palette was shot.

Is there a palette-wide command to collaspe all layers? It seems that somehow a layer with zillions of segments gets tripped open. Any ideas?

Oregon Metro - Portland, OR
www.oregonmetro.gov

byzantium

byzantium

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:History, art, typography, design, geography, wilderness, sustainability, and the wisdom of the ancients.
  • United States

What was your "Paste remembers layers" setting when you copied things over?

It sounds like your layers got flattened.

Sometimes a single selected object is all it takes to cause a layer to unfurl on the palette.

bb

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Paste remember layers was checked and they all came over just fine. In fact the all the layers were perfect until I re-opened the file.

I haven't opened the file in a text editor yet to see if there is something I can fiddle with - I was hoping for a quick nifty trick from someone who had already figured this glitch out.

I guess there is always Monday...

Oregon Metro - Portland, OR
www.oregonmetro.gov

byzantium

byzantium

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:History, art, typography, design, geography, wilderness, sustainability, and the wisdom of the ancients.
  • United States

Maybe it got saved as a PDF accidentally (all the dialogs said AI, but it actually saved as PDF).

bb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->