2 replies to this topic

merft

merft

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • United States

I have a project where I need to import two TIF images and create a layered Photoshop file. I will need to do this with several thousand images and was wondering if anyone knew of a Photoshop script that would do this. The process would essentially be:

- Open Image1
- Open Image2
- Copy Image2
- Paste to new layer in Image1
- Change Image2 layer to Multiply
- Save to PSD
- Close

TIA, -Tom

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

Tom,

Have you looked into PhotoShop Actions as opposed to scripts.

Record your actions and apply it to a directory.

alt F9 to access the actions window (in Windows). .... and then you can use the Automate (under Files-Automate) to apply your actions to a directory (were the file are)

Might work... but there could be a hick because you need to open TWO files to achieve what you want.
Chart

Adam Wilbert

Adam Wilbert

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • United States

An action will work with two different open documents, but you can't apply it to the whole folder at once (either through the Batch command or as an exported Droplet) as Photoshop will only process one file at a time. Without knowing anything about scripting, I would probably go with an action as well though. When recording the action, flipping between the two open files should record a step called "select previous document" or "select next document". Assuming that the files are sequentially numbered (1a, 1b, 2a, 2b...), then you can drag and drop blocks of them (maybe 50 or so depending on file size?) and start clicking away at the Play Action button.

There is probably (most definitely) a better way to do this with a script, but by the time that I figured it out, I could probably be done pressing that play button a thousand times over.

Adam Wilbert
CartoGaia.com & AdamWilbert.com
Lynda.com author of "Up and Running with ArcGIS"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->