4 replies to this topic

Unit Seven

Unit Seven

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted Image

A map I did recently as a favour for the invite for my Cousins wedding.

Original data taken out of Microstation but most of the actual work done in Illustrator and Photoshop and put togeather in Indesign. A different choice for land colour to fit in with the style and colours I used on the rest of the invite. The aeroplane symbol did disappear due to trying to overprint white?opps?should be on the red circle by Bay View. Quite happy with the result for a very general loction map. I could of marked the vineyard location better but it was quite a rushed job.

Cheers,

Sam.
S a m B r o w n

U N I T S E V E N
unit.seven@gmail.com

Miramar, Wellington
N E W Z E A L A N D

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

Very nice, really like the tints.

.... practical aesthetics .... is dead on.
Chart

Unit Seven

Unit Seven

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • New Zealand

Ha-ha...cheers Jacques, was something I came up with to try and brand all the other stuff I do outside my 9?5 work, was difficult as it is all sorts?furniture, photography, layout, set building and dressing blah, blah, blah. Functional aesthetics was the other choice.

Hate the way the word design for me can conjure up unnecessary 'faff' for aesthetics at the expense of the function or message of a product so often these days.

I see this esp. in the mapping company I work for where we have all these datasets and layers we can put on your map, not that they are useful to the message you are trying to convey but sales will sell them to 'add value' to what the client is getting.

All about getting something functional/practical that does the job nicely and well?good typography, good layout that leads you to what the message is etc. Not that I always achieve this but is what I try and make my focus rather than trying to get people to go 'wow?look at that!'

Thanks again!
S a m B r o w n

U N I T S E V E N
unit.seven@gmail.com

Miramar, Wellington
N E W Z E A L A N D

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

I like the colors too. A long time ago I was told Pink for weddings and purple for funerals. Is there a subliminal message in your choice of both?
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

Unit Seven

Unit Seven

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • New Zealand

Thanks, as for the purple I had never heard that?I hope not!

Wedding was themed a deep red and this and black?uh oh, another funeral colour!?was the colour for most of the rest of the invite. For this reason I added the red to the blue for the coastline, making a bit of a purple. Blue was too intrusive with the rest of the layout.

Well I'll be hoping there won't be a funeral coming up anytime soon.
S a m B r o w n

U N I T S E V E N
unit.seven@gmail.com

Miramar, Wellington
N E W Z E A L A N D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->