5 replies to this topic

Rafal

Rafal

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Poland

I was wondering should I put it here, but I think many of you will like that map. The moreso it's a pity it's widely unknown, being a part of our history:

http://www.e-gory.pl..._...&Itemid=159

It's a winter version map with ski trails and avalanche danger areas. I hope you like it.

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

The moreso it's a pity it's widely unknown, being a part of our history:

Cool map. Thanks for sharing it Rafal. I always find it amazing to see the quality and accuracy of older maps before digital technology - even before aerial photgraphy for that matter.
Ps. What is the moreso that is part of your history?
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

Rafal

Rafal

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Poland

The moreso it's a pity it's widely unknown, being a part of our history:

Cool map. Thanks for sharing it Rafal. I always find it amazing to see the quality and accuracy of older maps before digital technology - even before aerial photgraphy for that matter.
Ps. What is the moreso that is part of your history?

Because it's mostly forgotten. Even here.

The maps in Poland before WWII were on really high level and after communist times it will last many many years until we achieve it again.

That's truth, I cannot imagine mapmaking without computers now.

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

I wish a team would reproduce the map by hand, retracing the historical method as used, and create a documentary. That would be interesting!

A. Fenix

A. Fenix

Analisa Fenix

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, PGIS, PPGIS, GIS, Urban/regional Planning, Conservation, Biodiversity/Cultural Diversity, Travel, History, Ecology, Geography, Biking, Gardening, Cooking, Physics, Permaculture, Sky diving, Green Roofs, Music (creating and enjoying), Photography, Carpentry, Film making, Writing...
  • No Country Selected

wow, thanks for sharing this BEAUTIFUL map with us Rafel. Funny how so many of the maps that we create with computers now work to achieve this same look. I'm particularly impressed with the subtle shading techniques to highlight the details of the mountains. Simply breathtaking!
Analisa Fenix
GIS Manager/Chief Cartographer
Ecotrust

Rafal

Rafal

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Poland

wow, thanks for sharing this BEAUTIFUL map with us Rafel. Funny how so many of the maps that we create with computers now work to achieve this same look. I'm particularly impressed with the subtle shading techniques to highlight the details of the mountains. Simply breathtaking!

That's truth analisa. It's a great piece of map. I am happy you like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->