18 replies to this topic

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Good luck with the self publishing. Please let us know when/where/how it becomes available. I'll buy one!

Rafal

Rafal

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Poland

Good luck with the self publishing. Please let us know when/where/how it becomes available. I'll buy one!

Okay. I will let know when it's done.

Unit Seven

Unit Seven

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • New Zealand

Very nice Rafal?I do find some of the text on the dark slopes hard to read also, but as you said you are going to look at this on the proof.

Notice you curve peak names around the body, is this a regular carto representation? I have only ever seen the names placed straight so it is more naming the spot height point than the entire body. Not saying what you have is wrong, I find it an interesting thought?a justified break of what I know to be a convention, afterall the feature is more than just the high point.

Thanks for showing this, I hope the publishing goes well for you!
S a m B r o w n

U N I T S E V E N
unit.seven@gmail.com

Miramar, Wellington
N E W Z E A L A N D

Rafal

Rafal

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Poland

Very nice Rafal?I do find some of the text on the dark slopes hard to read also, but as you said you are going to look at this on the proof.

Notice you curve peak names around the body, is this a regular carto representation? I have only ever seen the names placed straight so it is more naming the spot height point than the entire body. Not saying what you have is wrong, I find it an interesting thought?a justified break of what I know to be a convention, afterall the feature is more than just the high point.

Thanks for showing this, I hope the publishing goes well for you!

That's interesting. There used to be such convention here with labelling the summits. I used it because I just like it. Maybe I'm used to these older maps ;)

It's interesting it is not known anywhere outside. For me it's just normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->