3 replies to this topic

mapitout

mapitout

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Canada

Hello everyone,
As a cartographer and GIS developer I am happy to join this discussion group and hope to contribute on various topics.

A little about myself and our company.
I have been working in the GIS/Cartographic business for 9 years now, and just over 3 years ago started a GIS company. We mostly offer GIS development services for commercial and open source software. We specialize in Internet/Mobile mapping.

More recently Map It Out now specializes in creating full-featured customizable Flash maps from geographic data. Unlike many other internet mapping technologies, there are no expensive license fees to pay for this technology. In many ways, the maps are superior to those created from other GIS technologies.

If anyone is interested in our services, please visit http://www.mapitout.com

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Hey Mapitout! Welcome to the board.

Curious - is there a way to create interactive flashmaps, such as drilldown or database interaction?

mapitout

mapitout

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Canada

Hey Mapitout! Welcome to the board.

Curious - is there a way to create interactive flashmaps, such as drilldown or database interaction?

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes there is a way to do what you are asking. It is possible to interact with databases through a combination of a webserver and the Flash API. With this combination it is possible to implement some kind of hierarchical database interaction that would impact the flash map.

I hope I answered your question correctly.

You may also be interested in our flash product http://www.mapitout....hMapCreator.pdf

Cheers,

David E.

CHART

CHART

Chart

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • No Country Selected

David,

Welcome .... very nice design on your site!

Hope you will enjoy Cartotalk.
Chart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->