MAPublisher 7.3 for Adobe Illustrator Announced
Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:01 PM
MAPublisher 7.3 for Adobe Illustrator is a full product update that is free to all current MAPublisher Maintenance Program subscribers and replaces the current shipping version of MAPublisher 7.2 for all new customers using Adobe Illustrator CS2. Customers using Illustrator CS may still receive MAPublisher 7.2.
"We have quickly responded to the requests of our users by quickly improving on the previous version 7.2 release and including many new functions and feature enhancements in this release,? said Ted Florence, President of Avenza, ?Unicode support is a major step forward for MAPublisher as we strive to service our overseas users and enter new and exciting markets worldwide.? he added.
MAPublisher 7.3 includes all the significant new functionality introduced in earlier releases of MAPublisher 7.x including a new intelligent labeling engine, new grid, graticules and scalebar generators, a new and improved MAP attributes engine with expression builder, advanced selection filters and enhanced map index creation and image registration, as well as the following new features and enhancements.
Features of MAPublisher 7.3 for Adobe Illustrator
*Enhanced Unicode character encoding
- MAP Views, MAP Attributes, MAP Stylesheets and MAP Selections filters now accept Unicode characters.
- Unicode character encoding for layers, character styles and graphic styles are supported when referencing them for grid generator or scale bar creation.
- Unicode encoding in filenames, directories, attributes and image registration for importing and exporting of supported data formats are supported with various degrees of support.
* Degree, minutes, seconds (DMS) format support for importing ASCII point data files
* New MAP Stylesheets Legend creation
- Quickly and easily create legends from any MAPublisher Stylesheet. Legend symbols and Stylesheet rules will be automatically created.
* Various other user interface enhancements to improve usability
More About MAPublisher 7.3 For Adobe Illustrator
MAPublisher 7.3 for Illustrator CS2 is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software. Avenza also offers MAPublisher 5.0 for FreeHand ? a suite of Xtras that adds mapmaking functionality to Macromedia Freehand 10 and MX.
MAPublisher 7.3 for Illustrator CS2 is available free of charge to all MAPublisher for Illustrator customers with a valid maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for US$499. New licenses are US$1149. Prices include 1 year of maintenance. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information:
Avenza Systems ● 416-487-5116 ● firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.avenza.com
Avenza Systems Inc.
When Map Quality Matters ®
Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite
Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users