• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

A. Fenix

A. Fenix

Analisa Fenix

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, PGIS, PPGIS, GIS, Urban/regional Planning, Conservation, Biodiversity/Cultural Diversity, Travel, History, Ecology, Geography, Biking, Gardening, Cooking, Physics, Permaculture, Sky diving, Green Roofs, Music (creating and enjoying), Photography, Carpentry, Film making, Writing...
  • No Country Selected

Hello everyone!

I am so glad that I found this online community. I have been a professional mapper for the past 5 years and am always looking for ways to improve my ability to communicate through maps. I have a degree in Geography, and spend my days working for an environmental non-profit. I am very interested in 3D mapping applications, but still long for the days of mylar and drawing a map by hand.

I'm curious if this forum is open to creative criticism? I often will be up all night squinting at a map...realizing that i've looked at it for sooo long that i no longer know if it's "good" or "bad".

Anyway, I am looking forward to spending time in this forum and getting to know some of my fellow mappers better!

sincerely,

greenmapper
Analisa Fenix
GIS Manager/Chief Cartographer
Ecotrust

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

Welcome!

I'm curious if this forum is open to creative criticism? I often will be up all night squinting at a map...realizing that i've looked at it for sooo long that i no longer know if it's "good" or "bad".

maps can be posted in the map gallery section of the site, and you will get comments on the good, the bad, and the ugly, and all of which should be helpful.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

Hello everyone!

Absolutely! Welcome to the forum greenmapper.

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Your squinting is welcome here Greenmaper... here is where there are others like you
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

MapMedia

MapMedia

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • United States

Howdy Greenmapper - Glad you found CartoTalk and you opinions / ideas are welcome. This is an open air forum for professionals discuss, critique, and sometimes vent.

A. Fenix

A. Fenix

Analisa Fenix

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, PGIS, PPGIS, GIS, Urban/regional Planning, Conservation, Biodiversity/Cultural Diversity, Travel, History, Ecology, Geography, Biking, Gardening, Cooking, Physics, Permaculture, Sky diving, Green Roofs, Music (creating and enjoying), Photography, Carpentry, Film making, Writing...
  • No Country Selected

how wonderful to finally find a place for "our" kind B)
Analisa Fenix
GIS Manager/Chief Cartographer
Ecotrust

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Hooray! Another Cartotalker from the NW.

A very warm welcome from another webfoot.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->