on point

on point

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:design, art, cartoons, good beer
  • United States
Im new to this forum and fairly new to cartography in general. Im a graphic designer for a small software company and have fallen into the roll of designing maps for my company's current product website (www.mlspulse.com) that are used to search real estate listings.

We recently purchased Mapublisher for Adobe Illustartor and Im wondering of those you out there using this program if any of you know of an existing way to bring the file into Flash with the map attribute data still being accessible in anyway.

Is this possible?

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

I don't believe that it is. In most cases when copying or moving from the original document, the attributes are lost.
Rick Dey

on point

on point

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • United States
there has to be a way to get that data into flash without referencing the original and putting it in by hand. People build some really intricate flash maps with a ton of data in rollovers: points of interest, landmarks etc. Im dying trying to figure out how they do it.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

I agree, I don't think it's possible to bring attribute data directly into Flash. Rather, you would need to create a database or file that your Flash application will draw info from...

on point

on point

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • United States
I was told a Flash version of MAPublisher ™ will be out in the fall, but I seem to have too many deadlines that end before then.

Any flash experts out there know how this type of thing is done if not the long mind numbing way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->