No replies to this topic

David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

(With Nick's blessing, I'm posting this here)

As part of my freelance business, Flat Planet Maps, I have two additional 'side' businesses - MapAWedding and MapAParty. I own the domain names for both of those.

Facing facts, I just don't have time to develop those parts of my business as much as I'd like. I still think there is great opportunity for someone to develop a little niche, mapping parties, weddings, etc.

The domains are set to expire in the next week or so, and I'm not going to renew them. Rather than let them expire, and let a squatter end up with them, I wanted to offer them up to the Cartotalk community. I'm not really looking to sell these (although, I suppose I could). But, I'd rather just hand them over to someone that's really interested in them.

Couple of conditions:
1. You can't squat on this. You actually have to have a desire to develop this.
2. The domains are set to expire in the next week or so. You will have to pay for the renewal (I will forward all the info onto you).
3. I will link directly to the two domains, from the tabs on my current web site.
4. No customer lists will be handed over. (There are no active jobs right now).
5. No sales figures will be handed over. You should consider this a fresh start for this business.

If more than one person is interested, I suppose I'll have to figure out some fair way of doing this. If you'd like to pick these up, just write me a short note as to why you'd like them, or what you'd like to do with them.

It doesn't matter to me if you're a fresh graduate, or have years of experience. Whether you'd do this freelance, or add it to your current company's roster. I'd just rather see these go to someone that is interested, rather than sitting there not available to anyone.

Please contact me offline for more information. Deadline is Monday, February 12 to contact me.
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->