ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Thought I would share this great website. Wired for books Author interviews with Don Swaim. These are great to listen to while working at the computer.

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

I've been listening to this site since you mentioned it. Great find. Thanks Erin
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • United States

Your welcome Jean. It really is a great site. I just noticed they have added an MP3 page of the most popular interviews. I am hoping they will convert all of their content from Real player into MP3 sooner or later.
If anyone knows of another site similar to this one, please post the URL. Author interviews, poetry, et cetera.

margaret

margaret

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • United States

If anyone knows of another site this one, please post the URL. Author interviews, poetry, et cetera.

Hi Erin, I too listen to Wired for Books. Two other good sites are the Paris Review audio although the clips are not as long as the Wired for Books clips, and KCRW's Bookworm archive.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • United States

Margaret,

Thanks for the great links. I wonder if the Smithsonian has an online public audio archive for this type of content? I found the Smithsonian Global Sound musical archive (which is amazing), but I would love to find more one on one interviewee type of material. Thanks.

margaret

margaret

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • United States

good audio for mapmaking: WBUR was playing the Kitchen Sisters' piece on resisting Glen Canyon dam ("Cry me a river") tonight, which drew me into the Heart of the Land website, where more good mapmaking audio awaited....

margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->