16 replies to this topic

Rob

Rob

Legendary Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:anything outside.
  • United States

I usually get decent raster output when I export to PDF and I set the Output Image Qualty (Resample Ratio) to Best. Unfortunately for larger exports setting the image quality to best at a high resolution doesn't work on lower end machines.

Rich

good point, the pdf does work better. but the tiff and jpeg export is pretty bad.

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Tom's posting made me think of another reason for rasterization, as layer transparency is just one way to get your map to rasterize.

Tom and Charlie made me think of another instance when things rasterize. I have had rasterization occur when exporting a data that has been grouped into differerent subgroups in the TOC.

For example, when I export something from ESRI's StreetMapUSA.lyr or USA Thematic Maps.lyr that is in a sub-sub group it rasterizes on export to AI, but if I drag the data layer out of the subgroup and into a top level in the TOC is exports as vector.

I assume it has something to do with SDC - but have found very little info about this (new) intriguing (proprietary) data format.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->