Hello & Happy 2007

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ghopdata

ghopdata

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Producing mountain bike trail maps from GPS data.
  • Australia

Hi from Sydney, Australia.
My introduction after finding your excellent forum yesterday.

I work as a project manager for our national postal corporation and arrived at mapping through the following journey:
riding mountain bike in Sydney's [numerous] national parks --> needing to remember good trails --> logged trails on GPS --> joined trail data into 2-3 hour rides --> urged to share rides on web site --> decided wise to accompany GPS data with map (ie who would rely only on a battery-powered digital device to guide in unknown bush area?).

I used a Garmin Foretrex 101 for the initial trail logging and re-logged the rides with Thales Mobile Mapper receiver and [DGPS] beacon into Mobile Mapper Office. After scanning and georeferencing the [government] 1:25,000 local map, added the GPS-data ride, exported from Mobile Mapper Office into TatukGIS Editor to trace/add the graphics I want the mountain biker [.pdf] map to contain.
I'm really enjoying the journey, but don't have a map yet to show.

I look forward to reading your posts and, being New Year's Eve - Happy 2007!

Peter Grasshopper

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In the vast ocean of my ignorance, I have a few bubbles of interests
  • Canada

Welcome Peter .
I'm a newcomer myself and still discovering this site. I think you will enjoy it also.
happy new year to you too
Jean-Louis Rheault
Montreal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->