- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kadar_oliver

kadar_oliver

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I'm cartographer at Schubert & Franzke (Romania) cartographic company.
  • Romania

I have a map with 712 streets on it, all text labeled from a line map layer. I made a grid, like in User Guide description, and I made the index. The first time I made index based on label position, and it was make a list with 712 rows. The second time I made index based on label and matching feature position, and it was make a list with 665 rows. Logically it was god, if will be more then 712 rows. I don?t know why this problem appeared. You know some solution for this problem? :rolleyes:

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

I have a map with 712 streets on it, all text labeled from a line map layer. I made a grid, like in User Guide description, and I made the index. The first time I made index based on label position, and it was make a list with 712 rows. The second time I made index based on label and matching feature position, and it was make a list with 665 rows. Logically it was god, if will be more then 712 rows. I don?t know why this problem appeared. You know some solution for this problem? :rolleyes:

Did you have the "Remove Duplicate Entries" selected?
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

kadar_oliver

kadar_oliver

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I'm cartographer at Schubert & Franzke (Romania) cartographic company.
  • Romania

No.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

No.

Hmmm...

I have to admit I only use the Make Index on labels, never on features. I'd offer to take a look at it, but I'm unavoidably busy the next couple of days, so if this is a time-critical thing you're better off contacting Avenza's tech support.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->