- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven Team leader.
- 7+ years working with extremely large data sets. Experience with digital map data strongly preferred.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement a growth path to maintain industry leadership.
- Ability to manipulate and combine multiple data sources in differing formats (frequently ASCII in nature, not necessarily SQL) leveraging and building automated software tools as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on-time, quality products.
- Propose, plan and execute programs to maintain and enhance the company?s geographic data assets
- Identify outside data sources, and design and implement innovative methods to integrate these sources into the company?s spatial data products
- Suggest and implement efficient and effective techniques to improve map data quality
- Direct a team with two managers and 10-20 data specialists.
- Interface on a regular basis with senior management and software development.
- Deliver top quality quarterly releases of digital map data, on time.
ALK specializes in information technology services and products for the transportation industry, providing clients around the globe with strategic consulting services, custom-designed decision systems, packaged software, web-based, ASP, and thin-client products. Founded in 1979, ALK has grown steadily and now has over 100 professionals at its headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey just an hour from Manhattan and Philadelphia.
ALK offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment in an informal atmosphere. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k) program and more.
Contact Marc Stewart to apply. mstewart (at) alk.com