quark conversion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Making maps and data graphics!<br />Paddling<br />Hiking<br />Gardening<br />Natural Philosophy<br />Loved Ones
  • United States

I have an oldish Quark (Mac) file that I need to convert to PDF, EPS, Illy10, FH10 or some such. I am not concerned about the layout/images/etc. - I only need to strip out the text (though preserving text formatting would be nice). Since I don't have Quark and the 30 day demo version only runs on XP/03 (I'm still running 2K), I'm stuck. Is there anyone out there running Quark who wants to lend a hand and convert it for me?

I have uploaded the file to ftp://getdown:polaris@polarismaps.com - the file is called "quark". You can upload the converted file to the same location.

Thanks a bunch!

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

Well I downloaded the trial (jeez that took forever :D) and exported once to PDF, and then twice to EPS (looked like you could only do one page at a time). I took the liberty of uploading directly, you'll see them there.

BTW wow I just looked at the file sizes - 25mb for a 2 page document!! And I opened the PDF - I don't know if that's going to do you much good. Hope the EPS works out better. Let me know if you want me to try again with some different export/conversion/save as options.

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:cartography
    cartographic design
    John Bartholomew
    road maps
    large-scale mapping
  • United States

Did you try going through InDesign CS? You can export from there to PDF or EPS. Might end up with something more useable....

Nat Case

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users