• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Polaris

Polaris

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Making maps and data graphics!<br />Paddling<br />Hiking<br />Gardening<br />Natural Philosophy<br />Loved Ones
  • United States

I have an oldish Quark (Mac) file that I need to convert to PDF, EPS, Illy10, FH10 or some such. I am not concerned about the layout/images/etc. - I only need to strip out the text (though preserving text formatting would be nice). Since I don't have Quark and the 30 day demo version only runs on XP/03 (I'm still running 2K), I'm stuck. Is there anyone out there running Quark who wants to lend a hand and convert it for me?

I have uploaded the file to ftp://getdown:polaris@polarismaps.com - the file is called "quark". You can upload the converted file to the same location.

Thanks a bunch!

Eric

benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

Well I downloaded the trial (jeez that took forever :D) and exported once to PDF, and then twice to EPS (looked like you could only do one page at a time). I took the liberty of uploading directly, you'll see them there.

BTW wow I just looked at the file sizes - 25mb for a 2 page document!! And I opened the PDF - I don't know if that's going to do you much good. Hope the EPS works out better. Let me know if you want me to try again with some different export/conversion/save as options.

natcase

natcase

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:cartography
    aeshetics
    cartographic design
    John Bartholomew
    road maps
    large-scale mapping
  • United States

Did you try going through InDesign CS? You can export from there to PDF or EPS. Might end up with something more useable....

Nat Case
INCase, LLC

Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
maphead.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->