4 replies to this topic

Sonnet

Sonnet

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Canada

Hello All

Well if this is my introduction in to the cartotalk I had better make it a good one. To start off I was born in Prince Albert Saskatchewan. I had a peaceful childhood where I have many fond memories, let me tell you about a few. It was the summer of 1980 and the weather was beautiful it was a great day to be on the beach..… JUST KIDDING

Let's start again, my name is Shannon Brassard but for some reasan I have chosen Sonnet as my screen name, and I am a recent graduate from the Cartography program at COGS. My journey to COGS was a long one. I have a diploma in Adventure Tourism and Outdoor Recreation, from Lakeland Collage in Vermillion Alberta and a few years of a Physical Geography Degree (one day I will finish) from the University of Saskatchewan. I am about to start my first official job as a cartographer with a short term contract with the Nova Scotian gov’t.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

Hi Sonnet,
Welcome to Cartotalk! Congrats on getting your first job as a cartographer! Like you, I also just starting working on my first official cartography project! Enjoy your stay! Erin

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Shannon, and welcome to Cartotalk.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

hi Shannon,

welcome to CartoTalk. i was about to go to COGS but decided to go to SSFC b/c it was closer to home. but i have heard many good things about COGS. some people from my work went there and they all have good things to say about it.

bchubb

bchubb

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Painting
  • Canada

Hi Shannon,

Does Les Parsons still instruct Outdoor Recreation at Lakeland College? Les and I started Orienteering at about the same time in Edmonton ....long ago! Last summer I was actually considering entering a team in the adventure race put on by the College, figuring we could clean up on the orienteering, even if we couldn't paddle or bike ;) I guess Les would have been the organizer, assuming he's still there....

I also have old friends just outside PA, but that's another story :rolleyes:

Cheers and welcome to Cartotalk. :)
Bryan

bryanchubb.ca
My paintings (...and no, my Avatar is Vera by Fredrick Varley)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->