benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

Hello Miles! What is your major? What was your research? What software do you work with?

brehmmil

brehmmil

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

---

benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

Miles, FYI, I don't see your resume attached to this thread. I believe you may have started two threads on this same topic.

I'm not an employer, but your skills sound broad and applicable to many fields needing GIS solutions. Have you considered freelancing? Have you done any project work yet? That's how I'm beefing up my resume - I think projects/portfolio matters more than your qualifications - except for entry-level jobs, which I am hoping to skip (I've been in the IT field for 6 years now).

Rick Dey

Rick Dey

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Illustrator, MAPublisher, GIS, Street Maps
  • United States

Miles,

While looking at your resume on the other thread I was surprised by the fact that you had no experience with ESRI products given your background. Here you mention that you have that experience. I would suggest you add that to your resume, it would be a critical piece of information.
Rick Dey

brehmmil

brehmmil

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

---

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

Miles, FYI, I don't see your resume attached to this thread. I believe you may have started two threads on this same topic.

I'm not an employer, but your skills sound broad and applicable to many fields needing GIS solutions. Have you considered freelancing? Have you done any project work yet? That's how I'm beefing up my resume - I think projects/portfolio matters more than your qualifications - except for entry-level jobs, which I am hoping to skip (I've been in the IT field for 6 years now).

Hi

I was just wondering if you could let me know some sources for freelance work. I am getting some cartography related work but that is not sufficient enough. I have worked on MapInfo, Microstation, Freehand and Adobe Illustrator. I have done a few jobs for maps.com also. As you see that I am based in Bangalore, India, my rates are quite competitive. I hope I can get more work. Freelancing, sure is a free bird existence but tough to sustain.

Thanks and regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->