benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

Is there any way to toggle a mode in ArcMap so you can view your color map in b/w real quick? I'm sure there are some options on export or whatever, but wouldn't it be great if there was a quick toggle button for that? Also, I remember a color blindness thread a few months ago, I believe someone linked to some software for Mac that would modify your whole screen to simulate color blindness. Thought I would mention that in relation to a feature that ArcMap could really benefit from as well. Or has anyone found any PC software that can do that (b/w also)?

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Is there any way to toggle a mode in ArcMap so you can view your color map in b/w real quick? I'm sure there are some options on export or whatever, but wouldn't it be great if there was a quick toggle button for that? Also, I remember a color blindness thread a few months ago, I believe someone linked to some software for Mac that would modify your whole screen to simulate color blindness. Thought I would mention that in relation to a feature that ArcMap could really benefit from as well. Or has anyone found any PC software that can do that (b/w also)?

Even if there was a way to generate an instant b/w view in Arcmap, I doubt you would want to go with the results (even though a toggle b/w would be very helpful). Utimately you would still need to tweak the classification and grey scale values. The ultimate benefit in my opionion would be a quicker redraw function(something similar to Illustrator's Outline mode)...not necessarily an instant b/w color scheme. I wish ESRI would come with more redraw options. The one they have blows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->