• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

vandalmax

vandalmax

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States
Hello everyone! I'm excited to find a place to communicate with fellow cartographers. I work in a GIS office and I find that the closest thing to another mapper/designer here is the web designer, so I don't have many like minds to consult with.

My name is Maxwell and I live outside of Syracuse, New York. I went to school at the University of Idaho where I earned degrees in Cartography and Geography. I also minored in Computer Science. I then went to George Washington University in Washington, DC where I earned a masters in Geography.

While I was there I did some mapping for a couple of history professors and had some maps published in their books. To this day, my pride and joy is the work I did for "The Czechs and the Lands of the Bohemian Crown" by Hugh Agnew. (http://www-hoover.st...ooks/czech.html)

Currently, I work for a company call the Institute for the Application of Geospatial Technology (IAGT). I pretty much make whatever maps someone requests. I also do various data management and GIS projects. Most of my mapping here I do in ArcGIS, but my other mapping/design I do almost exclusively in Corel Draw.'

I look forward to communicating with the rest of the community!

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hi Maxwell, welcome to the club!
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, musical instruments, reading, hiking, craft beer
  • United States

Maxwell,
Welcome to the forum! You may become the exclusive resource for CorelDRAW around here. I use it periodically....therefore, if I have any trouble, guess who I'm going to ask for help:) Erin

mike

mike

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Canada

welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->