jonathanelevy

jonathanelevy

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Web-Based Mapping, Mapping in Art & New Media
  • United States

Hi, my name is Jonathan Levy and I recently discovered cartotalk and think its great. I'm a cartographer working the GIS for NY State Election Districts as well as freelance cartographer for Not For Tourists, Inc. Currently, I'm creating the Seattle maps for the 2007 NFT book.

I got my MA from Hunter College specializing in GIS and Media. While there I created a flash website as a map guide to jazz clubs in downtown Manhattan. I also have collaborated with world reknowned media artist, Cory Arcangel on a map of Starbucks in Manhattan locating the "center of gravity" (http://www.beigereco..._I_Made_in_2005) . I am interested in doing more work that combines art/media and GIS/cartography. Anyone out there want to collaborate?

So, that's about it in a nutshell. I love this website, I hate that hacker and I'd love to meet you all. Its fascinating to see what everyone here is doing!

Jonathan Levy
jonathanelevy@hotmail.com

benbakelaar

benbakelaar

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:maps, information, technology, scripting, computers
  • United States

Hi Jonathan, welcome! I will definitely be contacting you, as a fan of jazz, a GIS consultant, a digital artist, and a NYC area resident :) I think some of our interests may line up.

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. We share similar interests as well. I'd be interested in hearing more about your projects. I couldnt get the jazz map link to work. Cheers. E

jonathanelevy

jonathanelevy

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, Web-Based Mapping, Mapping in Art & New Media
  • United States

Hi Jonathan, welcome! I will definitely be contacting you, as a fan of jazz, a GIS consultant, a digital artist, and a NYC area resident :) I think some of our interests may line up.

Thanks! Glad to find you!

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. We share similar interests as well. I'd be interested in hearing more about your projects. I couldnt get the jazz map link to work. Cheers. E

Thank you for the warm welcome. I took down that link because true it is currently inactive. I'll try to get it back up soon!

David T

David T

GIS Manager, USMC, MCIWEST-MCB Camp Pendleton

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • United States

Hi, my name is Jonathan Levy and I recently discovered cartotalk and think its great. I'm a cartographer working the GIS for NY State Election Districts as well as freelance cartographer for Not For Tourists, Inc. Currently, I'm creating the Seattle maps for the 2007 NFT book.

I got my MA from Hunter College specializing in GIS and Media. While there I created a flash website as a map guide to jazz clubs in downtown Manhattan. I also have collaborated with world reknowned media artist, Cory Arcangel on a map of Starbucks in Manhattan locating the "center of gravity" (http://www.beigereco..._I_Made_in_2005) . I am interested in doing more work that combines art/media and GIS/cartography. Anyone out there want to collaborate?

So, that's about it in a nutshell. I love this website, I hate that hacker and I'd love to meet you all. Its fascinating to see what everyone here is doing!

Jonathan Levy
jonathanelevy@hotmail.com

Jonathan,

Welcome to the board. I'm a fan of the NFT series. Welcome aboard!

David
David Toney, GISP
GIS Manager
United States Marine Corps
West Coast Installations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->