Upgrade problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

Our web hosting company upgraded the version of PHP over the weekend which broke the custom code I wrote to display the Gallery categories on the Home page, causing a CGI error. I have removed the Gallery categories form the home page temporarily, but you can still access it for the Gallery link in the top nav.

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

ELeFevre

ELeFevre

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Music, GIS, Coffee
  • United States

Well, it's great to have Cartotalk back online. I was going through withdrawals over the weekend. Thanks for the hardwork, Nick. Are you considering a new host?

Nick Springer

Nick Springer

CartoTalk Founder Emeritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Cartographic Design, Print Maps, Graphic Design, Web Development, Ultimate Frisbee
  • United States

Yes I am actually, and have a new one in mind. I have moved a lesser site there for now to see how they do. My experience with hosts is they often seem good on the surface and probelms don't surface for a while.

Please don't take this as an opportunity to send me a mass of hosting recommendations. I have done lots and lots of reseach and I have some specific requirements. Thanks :)

Nick Springer

Director of Design and Web Applications: ALK Technologies Inc.
Owner: Springer Cartographics LLC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->