ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

I am based in India, Pune. I have more than 12 years experience in GIS, Photogrammetry and Mapping. I have hands down experience of working on Microstation (for mapping), Intergraph modules (with Microstation as the CAD Engine) IRASC, IGEOVEC, ImageAnalyst, MGE photogrammetry suite ISSD, ISPM, Terrain Engine MTA.

The other mapping software I have worked on are Adobe Illustrator, Freehand, Adobe Photoshop, Global Mapper, MapRenderer3D etc. I have also worked on ArcGIS and MapInfo for GIS related task. With the knowledge of SQL queries, Microsoft Access and ORACLE I can develop customised GIS solutions.

I have been associated with the industry for over 12 years and have utilised various datasets, including those freely available on the net. The conversions of these datasets to compatible format for various software is my forte. A good map can only be made by using a bevy of software and this requires some data conversions, I have hands down experience in it.

I can design and supply maps as a freelancer. I have made clickable maps for websites which can be linked to static or dynamic pages and relevant information can be obtained for the map item. Below is a sample of map of Cuba.

http://www.mapsandlocations.com

Attached File  Final_cuba_sample.JPG   113.41KB   516 downloads

The clickable map of Bulgaria with landing pages for the adjoining countries and the Bulgarian provinces is included in the zip file. Download and extract the files to any folder, then launch the Bulgaria.htm file. A neat outline map of Bulgaria shall be displayed, now click on any region, or take your cursor to any region and the region name gets displayed. It is a small map, just 290 pixel wide, check the exact boundaries of the region. This map has been prepared to exact color scheme, each item with a specified RGB colour. It can be changed to any combination.

Attached File  Final_Bulgaria.zip   44.05KB   191 downloads

These are just two samples. I can take on a wide variety of mapping tasks. With this forum I would like to utilize my skills for a freelance career. Being based in India, my fees are naturally low and the US and Canada have a special advantage of time zones. Do contact me at promapper at gmail dot com for futher enquiries and more samples.

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Could you please provide some images for the Bulgaria map? I'd rather not download a zip file just to look at a map.

As for Cuba, it's quite obviously a GIS map. The font used is a bit too 'harsh' for my taste. Since every letter has more or less the same width, it takes up a lot of space.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

ProMapper

ProMapper

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:promapper@gmail.com
  • India

The font in a GIS map is easily replaced by any font of your specific liking. As I said this is just a sample and anything or everything in here can be as per your specification, the colour, the bdy, font, font size, halo etc.

Also I am new to this forum and I do not know how to add an image of Bulgaria to this reply as there is no file attachment dialog box as with a new thread. So I will create a new post and you could perhaps see the map in there. But as I said the map of Bulgaria is a basic map, the utility lies in the HTML mask created on the map and that can be viewed when you run the htm file.

And I really thank you for taking your time for viewing the post. Thanks a ton.

Could you please provide some images for the Bulgaria map? I'd rather not download a zip file just to look at a map.

As for Cuba, it's quite obviously a GIS map. The font used is a bit too 'harsh' for my taste. Since every letter has more or less the same width, it takes up a lot of space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.mapsandlocations.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->