GISRox

GISRox

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, maps, travel.
  • United States

I'm looking for a cross section package that won't break the bank. I need something that can deal with deviated boreholes. I've looked at RockWorks, but I'd like to see what else might be available. I'm also looking at Downhole Explorer, which looks better, but...

mattg

mattg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

I'm looking for a cross section package that won't break the bank. I need something that can deal with deviated boreholes. I've looked at RockWorks, but I'd like to see what else might be available. I'm also looking at Downhole Explorer, which looks better, but...

Did you find any other software?

GISRox

GISRox

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, maps, travel.
  • United States

Did you find any other software?

Yes and No....

I'm working full-time and the company uses Petra and Geographix. So Yes, I have access to some great cross section software.

Prior to the job change, I never pulled the trigger on purchasing some cross section software. My evaluation did lead me to either RockWorks or Downhole Explorer. Geosoft was another possiblility, but a bit more money than I wanted to spend.

Jason JB

Jason JB

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Malaysia

Do you have ArcGIS / MapInfo at your place? Otherwise there's Crossview for ArcGIS and Encom Discover for MapInfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->